EFFECTS OF HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- WEIGTH LOSS
- ENHANCING MUSCLE MASS
- INCREASE SEXUAL HEALTH
- STIMULATE THE IMMUNE
- SYSTEM’S ABILITY
HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy is the use of bio-identical hormones (estrogens, progesterone, and/or testosterone, DHEA, HGH,) to treat hormone imbalances and deficiencies. This treatment works to alleviate the symptoms of hormone imbalances and deficiencies that often occur in the body during and after menopause and andropause when hormones begin to decline.
- Hormone Replacement/Optimization works to treat hot flashes, fatigue, loss of focus, weight gain, depression, loss of muscle mass, decreased sex drive, poor sleep, anxiety,osteoporosis, ED (erectile dysfunction) and many more symptoms.
- It is important to note that many of the symptoms of menopause and andropause often decline a couple months to years without any treatment, but can improve after one to three months with Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy.
HOW DOES BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY WORK?
- If it is determined that hormone replacement therapy could be beneficial for you, an individualized hormone replacement plan is established with a provider at the first hormone replacement therapy appointment.
- Most commonly, compounded hormone pellets are used to deliver the bio-identical hormones into the body. After the first pellet insertion, peak lab levels are drawn around 5 weeks.These lab results are reviewed with a medical provider to ensure appropriate hormone doses are prescribed. Recurring pellet insertions are scheduled every 3-6 months depending on your medical history.
OUR CENTER USES BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONES AS A FORM OF NATURAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- Our clinic is a part of a select group of physician practices with an advanced level training with the newly established Advanced Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Our medical staff continues to strive to be on the forefront of hormone optimization research and this is another step in the path to helping the lives of our clients.
- It is natural for our bodies to gradually decrease the production of important hormones. In special cases such as women who have undergone a complete hysterectomy, the body is completely cut off of these hormones. The use of bio-identical hormones works to maintain the hormone balance and limit the symptoms that are seen with decreased production or elimination of these important hormones.
- The chemical formula of bio-identical hormones is identical to the naturally occurring hormones produced or once produced in the body. The chemical structure, behaviors, and interactions with cell-surface receptors and other hormones are identical to those that naturally occur in the body.
HOW DOES THE PELLET THERAPY WORK WITHWHY BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT?
Pellet therapy is the use of delivering bio-identical hormones (size of a grain of rice) that are inserted typically under the skin of the fatty part of the buttocks. The pellets completely dissolve over a three to six month period leaving no residual effects under the skin. The medical provider uses a local anesthetic making the procedure very tolerable. A tiny incision is made and the pellets are inserted using a small insertion device. A piece of tape is used to close the incision and the whole procedure takes only a few minutes.
Costs associated with Hormone Replacement Therapy
This includes all provider visits, necessary blood work and any medications prescribed as part of the treatment plan. There are no Membership Fees or Yearly Contracts at Your Wellness Center. We provide a “Fee-for-Service” program where you pay for the service as you receive the service.
The typical client comes to us between the ages of 30-65 and may be experiencing what is medically considered menopause or andropause (male menopause) symptoms but is not commercially advertised. The majority of the population believes that menopause and andropause are indicated by hot flashes, night sweats, erectile dysfunction and lack of libido. While these are true symptoms, the majority of our clients are also struggling with following:
– Chronic fatigue or lack of energy leading to afternoon naps and falling asleep on the couch.
– Lack of motivation which prevents them from getting exercise
– Inability to get a full nights’ sleep leaving them restless and relying on caffeine
– Feeling as though they are always in a mental fog with short term memory issues
– Mood swings as well as feeling irritable and/or depressed.
Examples of patients with hormone deficiency
– A typical male client will come in frustrated that he hasn’t been able to lose any weight or gain muscle even though he has increased his exercise regimen and has made drastic changes to his diet. He frequently falls asleep on the couch at night and has noticed a decrease in his libido which is now affecting his most personal relationship.
– A woman, on the other hand, will present with hot flashes, consistent and gradual weight gain even though she hasn’t changed her diet, and can’t remember the last time she was able to get a full night of sleep. She has no libido and will randomly become emotional for no reason at all.
At our Center, the providers interpret lab results differently compared to conventional methods. Every day, we see patients, both men and women, who come in with “normal” lab results but are still experiencing a myriad of symptoms that would be associated with a “low” level. What that means to us is that you are not part of this “normal” population and therefore shouldn’t be treated as such. At our Center doctors will work with you to improve your quality of life, bring your lab levels to the best optimal ranges possible and ensure that you are being treated as an individual, not just a number on a piece of paper.
Every weight loss journey is unique and must be treated as such. We are focused on helping each client take control over their health and help them reach their own healthy balance. No case is the same, but we often hear clients reveal the following frustrations:
– “I rarely eat breakfast and/or lunch and find myself overeating at dinner”
– “I continually snack throughout the day and typically continues to late in the night”
– “I don’t know how much I should be eating”
– “I travel for work and don’t have the ability to prepare food in a kitchen and struggle making appropriate decisions at restaurants”
Whether you find your-self eating too much throughout the day or binging on a single meal, we can help you take back control. We believe that weight loss goals are met by creating a new lifestyle that focuses on nutritional knowledge, portion control, an understanding of our behaviors, and physical activity.
Our Center understands there are external and internal factors that may play a role in impeding weight loss progress or the ability to sustain a certain goal. Our medical providers take into consideration the role vitamins, supplements and hormones may be triggering unexplained weight gain and/or hindering weight loss efforts. Through behavioral modification exercises, we will help clients understand the benefits new habits can have on achieving goals.
IN OUR CENTER, WE BELIEVE THAT BIO-HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY CAN BE THE SPARK TO
CHANGE YOUR LIFE AROUND, GIVE YOU THE ENERGY AND MOTIVATION TO GET BACK IN THE GYM,
STRENGTHEN RELATIONSHIPS AND HELP YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE THE POSITIVE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE.
WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
MEDICALLY SUPERVISED WEIGHT LOSS
Here at Your Wellness Center, we strive to help patients create a new healthy living lifestyle. Your Wellness Center is proud to offer top of the line Prescription-Only Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program with the assistance of the Robard New Direction supplemental product line. Our Weight Loss and Wellness program is medically supervised by a Bariatric Board Certified Physician, Physician Assistant and Registered Dietician and fitness expert. Consistent with our commitment to provide our clients with the very best nutritional and hormone supplements, we are offering programs and products that have been formulated to provide a healthy internal balance in addition to your current program.
Most women suitable for the program have a goal of losing at least 10 kgs and men with at least 30 Kgs. Individuals who have a BMI of 27 or above with diagnosed co-morbidities,including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and high cholesterol are also candidates for the weight loss program.
Before beginning the weight loss program, it is important to set up a consultation with our medical professional who can review past history, current symptoms, and current blood work as well as any question you may have about the program.
If it is determined could be beneficial for you, a personalized plan is established for you.
REDUCING CARBS LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX DIET
A Low-Glycemic Index Diet is medically supervised and is designed for patients needing to lose 10 Kgs or more. Most men lose an average of 5-10 Kgs in the first 2 months of the program and then 15-20 Kgs there on after. Most women lose 8-10 Kgs in the first two month of the program and then 20 Kgs there on after. An LGID starts with full meal replacements as the primary food source and then beings to incorporate grocery foods with New Direction meal replacements or other various protein supplements as you get closer to your desired weight. Depending on the goal of the individual, the nutritionally complete New Direction meal replacements replace grocery food and restaurant food intake for several weeks to months. *These numbers are averages as results may vary due to comorbidities, medications, as well as compliance.
ADAPTING AND SUSTAINING
As patients progress through the weight loss program, they begin to incorporate traditional menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking that aims to provide steady weight loss or help maintain ideal levels.
FREE INFORMATION SESSION
We are proud to offer a free consultation to all potential clients interested in the Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program. During the 20-minute free consultation, we will take the time to go over the basics of the program, risks, benefits, and answer any generic questions about the program that you might have. If you wish to discuss your particular case including health history, current symptoms and/or past attempts with weight loss, we ask that you please schedule your First Appointment with the provider.
MONTHLY FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENTS
Follow-Up appointments occur once every month. The purpose of the follow-up appointment is to review current progress, make adaptations to the personalized plan and to go over any questions and/or concerns that you may have. The follow-up appointments are designed to last 30-45 minutes.